Saturday 8 January 2011

How to keep your guests in line during formal group photographs...


Reportage photography is a style most photographers now practice; it is a style I favour over the posed formal shots. Although I do still like formal group photos and when one of my couples request a formal photograph we work hard with the photographers to ensure that it captures everyone in the best light! Which trust me is not very easy when you have 100's of guests!

When I read India Hicks recent interview in Tatler regarding her day as a bridesmaid for Princess Diana’s Royal wedding, she said ‘’ Patrick Lichfield took the wedding photographs. A cousin-once-removed to the Queen, he was well practiced at being around the royals and came armed with a whistle so he could keep the wedding party in line.’’ Personally I am not sure how wedding guests would react to a whistle during the formal photographs,  but I like the idea of it!


The full version appears in the February issue of Tatler, out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...