Saturday 7 May 2011

Wedding Panic by A July Bride

WEDDING PANIC

As I start to write this, we have 2 months 23 days 14hours 36 minutes and 21 seconds to go until our big day!
Not that I’m counting or panicking of course……
Not that I’m thinking of the zillion things that in my head I need to do to make sure it is the loveliest day ever.
The day that I’ve been dreaming of since I was a little girl!


 
Mike and I decided early on that our wedding would be a small affair in Italy with close friends and family and that we’d have a big party on our return home as Mr and Mrs White.
And as soon as our date was set, I scoured far and wide to find the perfect dress which I have now bought and set a hefty deposit down for.
However, to date we have still to have confirmed the reception venue in Italy and to arrange a reception venue in the UK (as our English venue unexpectedly closed down), flowers are in hand but I am still feeling worried that the florist will be able to translate what I have in my mind in to a beautiful bouquet, decorations and accessories are still to be sorted, decision on  favours, my friend is hopefully going to come and do my hair and make-up but I am still waiting for her to confirm , transport to and from the wedding ceremony for my guests....and so the list goes on.
Not to mention all those wonderful resolutions I was going to follow; the detox, the healthy diet, the regular facials, manicures and hair treatments.
Mike on the other hand is constantly reminding me of all the things we have achieved so far; the travel arrangements to and from Italy, the accommodation, the wedding singer (yes, every good wedding should have one), the guest list and most importantly the paperwork needed for the wedding to take place.
And this reminds me why and how much I love this man!

Forget for a moment all the lists and time deadlines (Kelly assures me that Italy is much more relaxed about these things) and remember the true meaning of what we are going to do.
Because when I walk down that aisle (I’m assuming Italian town halls have aisles), the only person I am going to see is Mike and those two little words ‘I do’ will change my life forever in the loveliest way possible.
Amber x
2 months 23 days 13 hours 49 minutes and 27 seconds to go

To read past posts from A July Bride and A Groom with a View please click below-

http://tiwp.blogspot.com/2011/04/groom-with-view.html
http://tiwp.blogspot.com/2011/04/wedding-flowers-inspiration-with-so.html
http://tiwp.blogspot.com/2011/04/july-bride.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...