Saturday 23 June 2012

Refreshing lakes of Italy

It is so hot here today that I wish I was at the lakes, where a light breeze would be much welcomed! So just to torture  myself I am going to share with you some of the most lovely lake side locations!  

Lagio on Lake Como is a charming and quiet village, stretched out along the coast, where silence, light and scents are protagonists of your walks and rides in bicycle. At the back of the village, forests spread out on the slopes of Monte Colmegnone (1383m).

When a famous resident snapped up the above Villa it put Lagio on the map. I hope the people who visit looking for George will also stop and just breath in this beautiful town! 





Malcesine Lake Garda!



Malcesine is a small town on the Eastern side of Lake Garda. Personally I think it is one of the prettiest towns on the lake and a great base to enjoy the largest lake in Italy. 

Villa Pallavicino in Stresa Lake Maggiore is perfect for a picnic on the banks of the lake, stop and rest a while and marvel at the beauty of this location! 

Lake Iseo is located between the two larger lakes of Como and Garda, it is an adorable lake and perfect if you are looking for somewhere less touristy and more off the beaten track! 

Then there are all the lakes hidden and undiscovered except by the locals where you can go and enjoy a swim and a nap  on the banks.

I think tomorrow I shall take the day off, grab a deck chair and my kindle and head off to find some cool air at my nearest lake! 

Have a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...