Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bridal make-up


The Italian wedding planner
Megan getting ready for her wedding in Florence
About 2 months ago I gave up wearing make up apart from the token mascara, as I am not great at getting the base right so that the make up stays on my face and in this heat, does not end up on my chest!  This is one of the main reasons I recomend brides getting married in Italy invest in a make up artist. The other reason is, its your wedding day and you want to look your best!

The lovely Zoe Graham 

The main thing is getting the look right and there are two reasons why most experts recommend pale, neutral colours for bridal make-up - and neither has anything to do with looking virginal. The first is that if you're wearing a traditional white gown the colour reflects off the face and can be draining. As a result make-up ends up looking more vivid and runs the risk of being incongruously dramatic. Peaches, pinks and beiges, on the other hand, add a subtle warmth. The exception to this would be if you're wearing red for a winter wedding, as berry and burgundy shades look stunning. 
Jesse getting ready for her wedding in Orvieto

The second reason neutral is the way to go relates to longevity. Wedding photos will be treasured for years to come and bright, on-trend shadows and coloured eyeliner could easily end up looking embarrassingly dated next season, never mind in ten years' time!
Charlotte getting ready for her wedding at Palazzo Terranova

2 comments:

  1. Is it really that important to get Bridal Make Up professionally done? I have a really tight budget, and I think between my friends and I, have the skills to do a pretty good job! But it is my special day and I want it to be perfect at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eliza,

    I think if you have the budget for it then it is worth the investment, but if your budget is tight why not go to a good department store and for example if you go to MAC they will teach you how to apply your make up.

    Explain to them you are getting married in a hot country and that you would like to know how to put on a base that wont slide off your face and how to use the fixing spray.

    I have had many brides do this, they practise loads at home until they had it fine tuned and they looked fantastic on their wedding day!

    Good luck!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...